SALES CONTRACT FOR A COMPANION-PET BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOG
Name of dog:______________________________________________________________
Sex:___________ Date of birth: _______________ CallName______________________
Terms of Sales Contract:1. It is understood at the time of this sale the puppy/adult is not considered to be of show quality, but is a representation of the breed and is suited as a companion “pet”. The puppy/adult is guaranteed from any health irregularities for 72 hours from the time of the sale, and it is recommended the buyer have the puppy/adult examined by a veterinarian during this time period. If a health problem is discovered, a written explanation from the veterinarian is required. After the examination, if then deemed necessary by the buyer, the puppy/adult may be returned to the breeder within 1 week of the purchase date for a full refund of the purchase price, vet and return costs not included. Exclusions from this guarantee are any noted defect at time of sale and/or age related wear of any adult sold. Any external problems caused after the purchase date are also excluded.
2. Buyer has been informed that this breed is prone to dysplasia in the hips and elbows and some eye problems have been found to be hereditary (among other health diseases common to canines). This puppy does have a chance of inheriting these common diseases even when both parents are certified clear of dysplasia and eye problems. Therefore the buyer accepts this risk and the breeder does not guarantee any dog against such conditions, nor shall the breeder be held responsible for the same.
3. If at any time during the dogs' life the buyers are unable or unwilling to keep the dog, it is to be returned to the breeder for rehoming. In no circumstances will the dog be re-sold to any buyer without the written consent of the breeder. It may not at any time be sold to a foreign country, broker, wholesale, lab, pet store or for any purpose other than companionship.
4. Buyers agree to keep the dog safely confined and/or supervised, but not confined solely and wholly to a kennel. The pup will be enrolled in puppy kindergarten as soon as possible, and at least before the age of four months and will have adolescent obedience training starting at age 9 months and continues to become a well mannered dog through socialization and training. The breeder has the right to take the dog back if the animal is believed to be abused. Abuse is considered by a veterinarian to be- in poor health due to neglect, improper feeding, housing, veterinarian care, etc. the dog shows signs of physical abuse by showing fear of its owner(s) or physical scaring, injury or trauma caused by either the owner(s) or by neglect. An animal is left in an unsafe environment such as, but not limited to a car or an area without shade in the heat, a yard without proper fencing, left on a chain or rope without access to shelter or water.
5. Buyers are responsible for all veterinary costs while the dog is in their possession. If the dog is injured, ill or has a condition that warrants medical attention and the buyer refuses to provide proper veterinary care, the breeder may demand that the dog be taken to a veterinarian of the breeders choosing or be returned to the breeder at the buyers expense. If the condition warrants medical attention and the buyer refuses to pay the costs, the dog will immediately become the property of the breeders (David & Shirley Norris). Costs of medical attention needed as a result of poor care or neglect will still be the buyers responsibility but the dog will not be returned. In this event, the buyer must sign over all AKC ownership rights and privileges.
SPAY/NEUTERThe buyer agrees that the puppy/adult will not be bred and agrees to spay/neuter the pet. Buyer will spay/neuter the dog between 6 and 10 months of age, unless already done or specified by the breeder.
This dog for all practical purposes is a companion dog. All steps to avoid accidental breeding should be taken prior to the dog being spayed/neutered. If this dog is bred by mistake the owner will notify the breeder immediately. The litter may be terminated. If it is determined that a breeding has taken place a fine of $2,000 per puppy applies if the pups are born with or without intention. This is completely up to the breeder to decide. AKC REGISTRATION PAPERSRegistration papers will be forwarded to the buyer when the spay/neuter certificate is provided to Blue Sky Berners from a veterinarian. The buyer is to provide the certification of spay/neuter to Blue Sky Berners by 10 months of age of the dog. Be sure to read all AKC Registration paperwork thoroughly as there is a penalty charge for late registration of a dog after 1 year of age.
ORTHOPEDIC FOUNDATION FOR ANIMALS (OFA)Bernese Mountain Dogs purchased from Blue Sky Berners are required to have their hips and elbows OFA certified between the ages of 2 and 3 years. Preliminary X-rays may be done after 12 months of age IF the proper paperwork is initialed and filled out. If OFA Prelim's are done, and not posted on the OFA website, then OFA's must be redone between 2-3 years of age. The x-rays are to be done by an orthopedic surgeon or a vet who is qualified to take OFA x-rays. The OFA certification will be sent to Blue Sky Berners as soon as received by the buyer and no later than 3 years of age of the dog being certified. X-rays and OFA certification to be paid by the buyer.
PURCHASE PRICE Deposit amount paid: ___________________Remaining amount paid in full at time of sale: ________________________
SPECIAL PROVISIONS OF THE
2. Other:__________________________________________________________________This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of
LITTER OWNERS_______________________________________ David Norris & Shirley Norris
Blue Sky Berners Blueskyberners@wildblue.net 206-786-2755